September 2, 2015

Sisterhood Spotlight: Morgan


I never knew if I wanted to be a part of sorority life, both my mom and grandma were members of sororities but they never pushed me to do the same. I came to Cincinnati in the fall of last year as a freshman just excited to start all over again. I made a few friends in my dorm and they were all rushing. So, I figured if nothing else, it would be a good way to make a few friends even if I didn’t end up joining a house.

When I discovered Pi Phi I fell in love. Although it has been hard being thrown in with a whole new group of girls, I am slowly finding my way and learning to love my sorority and myself. It is starting to breed confidence in me, confidence I haven't seen in a really long time. I am a sophomore in nursing, so that takes a majority of my time. But, this year I am getting involved with one of Pi Phi’s main initiatives to support our national philanthropy, Champions Are Readers every Friday, so I am excited for that. I have also applied for a Greek Leadership conference offered by the University of Cincinnati, so I am hoping to build my skills even more there.


I am getting more involved as I get older, and I am still finding my way in Pi Phi. But I am starting to become the outgoing, confident girl I am on the inside - on the outside. Much of that is due to Pi Beta Phi.