March 4, 2016

Sisterhood Spotlight: Anna Hilfinger


Year: Junior

Major: Interior Design

Celebrity Crush: Justin Bieber

Fav Chef Mo Creation: The Breadsticks, hands down.

Spirit Animal: Dolphin


Tell us a little bit about your experience with Pi Phi. Why did you join, what made Pi Phi stand out? What has Pi Phi brought to your life during your time here?

Joining Pi Phi seems like it was so long ago, but I am often reminded why I joined in the first place. I joined for the sisterhood and all the experiences that my mom received and is still receiving through Pi Phi. I could see the sisterhood relationship between these girls early on in the recruitment process. It was a place I walked in to, and I knew it felt right!
Pi Phi has brought so much to my life, and I know my experience here will continue to influence me for the rest of my life. For example, I have gained several friendships, philanthropic service, educational, social, and professional experience. That's all you need in life!

What is your favorite memory in Pi Phi?

Hard to decide on just one. Two of my favorite memories are Variety Show my freshman year, and Spirit Week the past two years! These memories are my favorite because they allowed me to get to know every single one of my sisters throughout these dedicated experiences.

Advice to any new members?

Follow your dreams, go to as many events as possible, and either have the opportunity to live in the house, or get an apartment/house with your sisters. I have had the most amazing time living with my sorority sisters, you get to see them everyday, you have someone to walk to chapter with, and you will always have someone to watch The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon with.

You have been doing a co-op in Chicago, Tell us a little bit about it!!

I've been co-oping with a small Interior Design firm in Chicago, called Kara Mann Design. I have learned so much already than I ever thought I would. And it's awesome to have your weekends completely free, to explore the city, or travel and visit my girls at UC :)