February 26, 2016

Sisterhood Spotlight: Emily O'Reilly


Year: 3rd year

Major:  Communications + Public Relations

Celebrity Crush: Ashton Kutcher all the way!


Tell us a little bit about your experience with Pi Phi. Why did you join, what made Pi Phi stand out? What has Pi Phi brought to your life during your time here?


My experience was a little different than I guess the cliché finding my home story. I was a freshmen going through the formal rush process and as the days went on I never really found that “home” feeling as everyone says you will. This made me second guess everything that I was doing or my thoughts about Greek life. I decided to accept my bid to Pi Beta Phi and make the most out of it. Now three years later, I can say that Pi Phi has been the best thing to happen to me. The thing that I could never repay Pi Beta Phi for is the confidence that this organization has instilled in me. Because of the women that I have surrounded myself with I am not only a more confident individual but a more confident leader. The women in this organization have given me confidence to attain leadership positions, excel in academics and even help me find out who I am as a person. They have pushed me through open doors that I was too scared to go through and were always there to support me 100 percent in everything I have done. My favorite thing about Pi Phi is that no matter what type of person you are or how you enter this fraternity, you leave a better person. I can’t thank Pi Phi enough for helping me find out who I am and the type of woman I want to be and for giving me the confidence to accomplish whatever I set my mind to. I am constantly surrounded by love, support and acceptance every time I step foot in this house. I truly did find my “home” here in Pi Phi.  I know that whatever life throws at me I will always have this amazing group of women to be by my side.

Advice to any new members?


I’ll keep it G rated but honestly, don’t take anything too seriously, it is not the end of the world.  Pi Phi can do amazing things for you if you let it – never take it for granted!

You have been studying abroad in Prague, Tell us a little bit about it!!


Prague has been AMAZING! I have plans to travel to Barcelona, Amsterdam, Greece, Vienna, Budapest, Poland, Germany and anywhere else I can squeeze in! It’s been an incredible opportunity immersing myself into a completely different culture but I couldn’t be more grateful for this experience! I’ve been having so much fun but I miss my sisters, my little and the Fall ’15 class ;) AND Chef Mo’s Taco Bar.  (Shameless plug – follow me on insta to keep up with my travels! @emxo_)