November 4, 2012

TAKE

Very recently, in the long history of Pi Beta Phi, a sister of our own was murdered. Her parents, not wanting another family to go through the horrible stresses that come with this tragedy decided to take action and a stand against violence. And so, TAKE was born. Traditionally held on campuses with a chapter of both Pi Beta Phi and Sigma Phi Epsilon, this was UC's first experience with the program.


TAKE is a women's self-defense seminar designed to teach women how to not only defend themselves at all levels of danger, but also recognize a dangerous situation and learn how to be observant in every aspect of their lives. Our Vice President of Member Development worked with UC's Panhellenic Council to make the event possible, but it was held during Welcome Weekend when all freshmen are becoming familiar with our campus.

Senior Rebecca Sites, had this to say about TAKE, "I absolutely loved this program. I felt that it was the perfect balance of demonstrating and educating females on how to protect ourselves in everyday life. I know that I fell that I can protect myself better in the (god-forbidding) case that I do end up in a similar situation."


The pictures above show all who attended as well as the girls in action.
Written By: Tori Roser