December 14, 2016

Team Wine

Name: Carrie Shephard
Hometown: West Chester, OH
Celebrity Crush: Shawn Mendes
Favorite Animal: CATS
Go-to Shower Song: Let Me Love You – Justin Bieber
Carrie is a first year studying Communications. Aside from Pi Phi, she is involved in CHAARG, Serve Beyond Cincinnati, and Cru. She loves UC and can’t wait to get involved in Pi Phi. She LOVES Cats, Jesus, Shawn Mendes, Mexican Food, and Spanish. She says she’s weird and goofy but loves having fun and being around her sisters. After her time as a member of Ohio Kappa, she wants to be able to know that Pi Phi helped her to become the best woman she can be and have lifelong friendships.
“Both of my sisters went Greek and they absolutely loved it, so it inspired me to rush! I joined Pi Phi because they were my favorite group of girls; no matter who I talked to, I had a great connection with all of them and felt totally comfortable and welcomed. I also thought it would be cool if I got to be a Pi Phi at UC just like my big sister Megan!”
Name: Catherine Elzinga
Hometown: Carmel, IN
Celebrity Crush: Ryan Reynolds
Favorite Animal: Flamingo
Go-to Shower Song: California Gurls, by Katy Perry
Catherine is a first year studying Interior Design. She is not involved in a ton on campus yet, but looks forward to exploring what she can join! She loves getting to know people and cannot wait to get to know all of her sisters in Pi Phi. She hopes to grow in her character as a person, whether through relationships, leadership roles, or service with our philanthropy!!

“At first, I wasn't completely sure that I wanted to join a sorority, but recruitment completely convinced me. Pi Phi was the very first house I visited and definitely was my favorite throughout the whole two weekends of recruitment. I really loved the conversations I had with each girl at Pi Phi so I knew that I wanted to be here by the end of recruitment!”
Name: Claire Lynch
Major/Year: First year, Pre-med major
Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
Celebrity Crush: James Franco
Favorite Animal: Panda
Go-to Shower Song: Sunday Candy
Claire is a first year in Pre-Med. She is involved in Camp Kesem, which operates summer camps for kids who have been touched by a parent’s cancer. She wants to get involved in leadership through Pi Phi, as well as join an intramural basketball team! She went through recruitment to meet new people and LOVED Pi Phi during the process!
"I want to make best friends and amazing experiences that I'll remember forever."
Name: Grace Coleman
Hometown: Clevelandm, OH - go cavs!
Celebrity crush: James Franco
Favorite Animal: Cat
Go-to Shower Song: FourFiveSeconds is my main but literally anything Rihanna
Grace is a first year studying Human Resources. She loves to work out and used to play soccer. Aside from Pi Phi, she isn’t involved in anything else because sleep and downtime is essential! One thing she wants her sisters to know is that her cat is her child/most prized possession. She hopes to gain some good people skills and cool new friends from Pi Phi!
“I wanted to make friends, especially older ones, that I could go to for guidance. Pi Phi was the sorority I immediately felt the most welcome in and liked every girl I talked to.”
Name: Jenna Mink
Hometown: Columbus, OH
Celebrity Crush: Bradley Cooper
Favorite Animal: Elephant
Go-to Shower Song: Stronger by Kelly Clarkson
Jenna is a first year studying Marketing. She comes from a really small town about 30 minutes outside of Columbus. She is currently involved in Lindner Women in Business. As time goes on, she hopes to join more clubs and take leadership roles in those organizations. She’s a sucker for puppies, babies, and cheesy rom-coms! She can come off really shy, but once you get to know her, she says you’ll be begging her to be quiet. She is really looking forward to making lasting friendships and hopefully taking on a leadership role.
“I grew up with an older brother and I spent my whole life wanting a sister! When I was in high school and I saw upperclassman going off to college, joining sororities, and making tons of new friends I knew that I wanted to go through recruitment once I got to college.  I walked through Pi Phi Day 1 of recruitment and I just knew that I wanted to be in Pi Phi. The conversations I had and the girls I met just validated my “ah-ha” moment. Joining Pi Phi was the easiest decision I have ever made, and every day I am more thankful to be a part of this organization!”
Name: Madison Titus
Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
Celebrity Crush: Cam Newton
Favorite Animal: French bulldogs
Go-to Shower Song: Ophelia- The Lumineers
Madison is a first year in Exploratory, but on the track for Business. She would really like to get involved in an intramural team! She is super excited to be a Pi Phi and can’t wait to meet all of her sisters. She wants to make a lot of new friends and get involved in the philanthropy events.

"I went through recruitment because I went to an all-girls high school and loved it! I'm so excited to make lifelong friends in Pi Phi!"

Name: Suhani Patel
Hometown: Columbus, OH
Celebrity Crush: Ed Westwick  
Favorite Animal: Panda  
Go-to Shower Song: Closer
Suhani is a second year in Finance on a Pre-Law track. She is involved in Midwest Dhamaka, for which she was the liaison last year and Marketing Chair this year! She is also involved in SAB, Darwin T. Turner Scholar, and volunteers at Hughes High School. She is obsessed with Pizookies from BJ’s Brewhouse. She says she is really quiet at first, but once she gets to know someone, she is super talkative and outgoing!

“I wanted to go through recruitment because I had heard a lot of good things about Greek life here. In addition, I wanted to try something new, and what’s the worst thing that could happen? I had always been on the fence about Greek life and didn’t want to regret not going through.”