December 12, 2016

Team Silver Blue

Name: Allison Grewe
Hometown: Lebanon, OH
Celebrity Crush: Chad Michael Murray (Lucas Scott)
Favorite Animal: Giraffe and Guinea Pigs
Go-to Shower Song: One Dance by Drake
Allison Grewe is a first year Exploratory Major, with a focus in Marketing. One fun-fact about Allison is that the small town she is from has had a couple movies filmed there! One of those movies had Mr. Bolton from High School Musical in it! She is a strong supporter of retail therapy, so if you ever need a shopping buddy this is your girl! She says she has spent an embarrassing amount of money on Kylie Jenner cosmetics.
“I want to create lifelong friendships, while getting involved and supporting a philanthropy that I feel strongly about. Pi Phi is the sorority that I saw myself in the most, and felt at home. I hope that I am able to branch out and do things I never have done before, and really get involved. I want to become a better version of myself throughout this experience."

Name: Audrey Boyd
Hometown: Loveland, OH
Celebrity Crush: Sam Claflin (aka Finnick in The Hunger Games)
Favorite Animal: Lioness
Go-to Shower Song: Sorry - Beyonce
Audrey is a freshman studying Engineering. She loves to play the guitar and write songs! She is currently on a Netflix kick of watching The Flash, The Arrow, New Girl, and Bob’s Burgers! She plans to join an intramural volleyball team at some point! She is OBSESSED with chocolate peanut butter milkshakes from UDF. She has always wanted to do Greek Life, but claims that most people would not see her as the type to go through recruitment. She loves her Pi Phi sisters and cannot wait to meet the rest of the girls!
“I pushed myself to go through recruitment and I am so glad I did. Right when I walked into Pi Beta Phi I knew it was for me (cliché I know). I learned from Pi Phi that we are all different and that is what makes us stand out. I want to have friendships that I can count on, and to just have fun with all of my sisters. That way I can look back in 10 years and laugh and cry at the memories.”

Name: Brooke Kelley
Hometown: West Chester, OH
Celebrity Crush: Chris Pine (His eyes are beautiful)
Favorite Animal: ELEPHANT (low key obsessed with elephants)
Go-to Shower Song: Closer by Chainsmokers
Brooke is a second year studying Marketing. She is very involved on campus, including being on the exec board for iCats in Lindner College of Business and a member of Alpha Kappa Psi Business Fraternity. She teaches Sunday School at her home church in Mason, and she works at The Limited in Liberty Center Mall and in Lindner Career services. She loves music and having fun, as well as ALL Cincinnati sports. Through Pi Phi, she wants to gain lasting and genuine friendships. She wants to be able to look back and feel as though she made an impact, whether that is through leadership or philanthropy.
“I wanted to go through recruitment to make new friends and have that sisterhood connection with a group of girls. I haven’t really had a close girlfriend group so I am looking to find that, but also to get more involved possibly with the philanthropy aspect because I LOVE service."

Name: Courtney Salyer
Hometown: Bellefontaine, OH
Celebrity crush: ZAC EFRON (I really can’t emphasize this enough)
Favorite Animal: Mini Goats omg
Go-to Shower Song: T-Shirt by Thomas Rhett
Courtney is a second year in Information Technology (Cyber Security). She is very close to her mom and brother, despite how often she goes home. Her birthday is on Halloween, so people sometimes call her a boo baby! She was a Student Orientation Leader (SOL) this past summer and mentors for the Girl Scouts once a week! She loves movies, food and trying new things, even if they scare her. She also never stops fan-girling over Zac Efron. Through Pi Phi she hopes to gain more leadership skills that she can take with her, as well as friendships that will last a lifetime.
“I chose to go through recruitment because as a SOL, I learned how much I love having support and a family behind me no matter what. I talked to girls that were SOLs that are in sororities and they told me about their experiences and I just thought it would be a good match for me. I chose to become a PEEF because even though I didn’t know anyone at Pi Phi (unlike most of the other houses) it was the house I felt the most comfortable walking into and the one where I just felt like I completely belonged.”

Name: Kara Miller
Hometown: Medina, OH
Celebrity Crush: A$AP Rocky
Favorite Animal: Tiger
Go-to Shower Song: Ghost by Halsey
Kara is a first year studying Marketing. She is currently involved in CHAARG, but also is thinking about joining a business fraternity. She chose to go through recruitment to meet new people and get more involved! She also wants everyone to know she is OBSESSED with A$AP Rocky. A fun fact about Kara is that her older sister is a Pi Phi at the University of Kentucky!
"One thing I hope to get out of Pi Phi is having friendships that will last a lifetime!"

Name:  Leah Paskell
Hometown:  Columbus
Celebrity Crush:  Zac Efron
Favorite Animal: Baby Tigers
Go-to Shower Song: Ed Sheeran Don’t
Leah is a first year in Nursing. On campus, she is involved in Pi Phi and goes to Champions Are Readers (CAR) every Friday! Other than that, she is involved in CrossFit! She says that the only thing she is decisive on is that she is the most indecisive person you will ever meet. As a member of Ohio Kappa, she wants to get to know people that she can always count on. She also wants to take advantage of service and leadership opportunities.
“Choosing to go through recruitment was just a thing without question for me.  I am one of the youngest on both sides of my family, where almost everyone has gone through Greek Life and felt it would give me a place to belong.  I chose Pi Phi specifically because from the beginning, there was something special about them and over the weeks of recruitment I felt more and more comfortable here and felt it was the most perfect fit for me.”


Name: Morgan Long
Hometown: Lexington, KY
Celebrity Crush: Adam Levine
Favorite Animal: Turtle
Go-to Shower Song: Shoop by Salt ’n’ Pepa
Morgan is a first in Exploratory Studies, focusing in Marketing. She plans to get involved in Serve Beyond Cincinnati and Bearcat Buddies. A fun fact about Morgan is that Flamin Hot Cheetos are her life. Morgan went through recruitment because she came to UC not knowing anyone. She really wanted to meet a great group of girls and get involved on campus.
“One thing I would like to get out of this experience is to know that I at least helped one person along the way through philanthropy events, and hopefully more!”