January 15, 2017

Team Arrow

Name: Emilie Gunn
Hometown: The Land!! (Cleveland, OH)
Celebrity crush: Chris Pratt
Favorite Animal: Chinchilla
Go-to shower song: Partition by Beyoncé

Emilie is a first year studying Psychology. She is a proud Clevelander, like many of our sisters. She loves photography and could like to get involved in some kind of photography club on campus. She is also looking at getting involved in the Psych Club, but often misses meetings due to the schedule interfering with her nap schedule. She lives off campus, which is the main reason she wanted to go through recruitment. She says throughout the process she could just see herself in the Pi Phi house hanging out with the girls; it just felt like home. During her time as a sister, she wants to learn more about herself through the experience Ohio Kappa will provide

“I’m training for the 2020 Olympics…I’m a competitive napper.  It’s a challenge to make time for classes and social life but sleeping is my passion and I’m lucky to have a very encouraging support system.”

Name: Hannah Combs
Hometown: Mason
Celebrity crush: Zac Efron
Favorite Animal: Dogs
Go-to shower song: With You-Chris Brown

Hannah is a first year majoring in Communication. She plans on getting involved with Young Life as the years go on, as well as possibly leadership opportunities in Pi Phi. Hannah is obsessed with her dogs, music, friends and family. Oh, and chicken nuggets and diet coke. A fun fact about Hannah is that her sister (by blood) is Laura Combs, a senior in Pi Phi. However, she has no relation to Lindsay Combs, a sophomore in Pi Phi.

“I went through recruitment so that I could find a great group of girls, and to have a home away from home. Pi Phi felt like that home away from home for me. I want to become a better person, friend, leader, and student. I also want make lasting friendships and find my bridesmaids.”

Name: Jess Friedman
Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio
Celebrity crush: Zac Efron
Favorite Animal: Elephants
Go-to shower song: Electric Love by Borns
Jess is a 1st year in Pre Physical Therapy. She is not involved in many things on campus yet, but she did join the Mountaineering Club! She wants to get involved in a club that travels and volunteers. She has always wanted to go Thailand and help out with the elephants. She loves hot yoga. If you are ever looking for someone to go to Modo Yoga with, this is your girl!! Through her time as a member of Pi Phi, she wants to meet a lot of new people!

 “Originally I didn’t want to rush, but I decided to because I wanted to try something new and make more friends. The first day I walked into Pi Phi, I had a feeling I belonged and that’s why I continued to rush. Everyone I talked to was so genuine and interested in what I had to say.  I also thought everyone dressed cute!!”


Name: Julia Margulies
Hometown: Solon, Ohio
Celebrity crush: Dave Franco
Favorite Animal: Dogs
Go-to shower song: Pocket Full of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield
Julia is a 1st year studying Psychology. She involved in the campus Hillel (a Jewish organization) and plans to get more involved in opportunities through Pi Phi! She is very sarcastic, silly and loves to have fun. She says she is shy at first but she promises she’s all about having fun! Jess looks forward to the sincere friendships that she will get out of Pi Phi.
“My mom and all of her best friends met through their sorority and I wanted the same. I found myself in Pi Phi because that is where I felt most comfortable, girls were more down to earth and I noticed that the conversation flowed easier for me at Pi Phi than other places.”


Name: Kelly Sierschula
Hometown: Columbus
Celebrity crush: Zac Efron
Favorite Animal: Elephant
Go-to shower song: Anything Taylor Swift or Beyonce

Kelly is a first year nursing major. She hopes to start volunteering at the UC medical center soon, and is not involved in much else on campus. She also goes to CAR on Fridays with Pi Phi to tutor little kids. Her two favorite things are food and her dog. She says she especially loves Mac Shack and Mr. Sushi! She went through recruitment to meet new people. More specifically she chose Pi Phi because she loved every person she talked to during the entire process.
“Part of the reason I chose Pi Phi is because all of the amazing opportunities there are to get involved not only in the sorority, but in the surrounding community as well.”

Name: Lesley Knowlton
Hometown: Cincinnati!
Celebrity crush: Stephen Amell
Favorite Animal: baby goat
Go-to shower song: anything by Fleetwood Mac

Lesley is a second year in Biological Sciences. In high school, she was involved in theater as well as swimming. At UC, she served as Pi Phi’s Junior Panhellenic delegate. She is also involved in project HEAL! She says she loves potatoes, in any and all forms. She also has four cats. Throughout her time in Pi Phi, she looks forward to leadership opportunities, new friends, a place to live and a place to grow!
 “I missed the all girls environment from highschool, I loved recruitment conversation felt so natural with all the girls I talked to J




Name: Olivia White
Hometown: Southgate, Kentucky
Celebrity crush: Patrick Dempsey (aka McDreamy)
Favorite Animal: tea cup pig
Go-to shower song: “One Night” – lil  Yachty

Olivia is a first year studying finance. She has four younger brothers, so she is super excited to get some sisters. As of right now, she is only involved in Lindner Women in Business. Next semester, she really wants to join the swing dancing club. A fun fact about Olivia is she has been dancing since she was two years old. She danced with the Cincinnati Ballet for two years and then decided to transfer to CCM’s youth ballet program. She has a pet cat named Baby, who is one of her favorite things in the entire world. She really wants to backpack around Europe someday. She also says she is super competitive and doesn’t like losing, which she calls a good and bad thing. If you ever need someone to have a chick flick marathon with, Olivia is your girl. She is a sucker for Rom-Coms and cried during every single one of them.

“At first, I wasn’t going to go through the recruitment process; however, my roommates convinced me to sign up. I didn’t think I was going to like any of the sororities or have time to be part of one. After the second day of visiting Pi Phi, I knew it was where I wanted to be. Everyone was so genuine and passionate about Pi Phi. I want make memories with people that share similar values as me that I will remember for the rest of my life. I want to surround myself with strong women who will inspire me to be the best version of me. I want to meet people who will always have my back and be there for me when I need them the most.”