November 15, 2016

Team Boom

Name: Elise Hanson
Hometown: Mentor, OH
Celebrity crush: Luke Bracy
Fav Animal: Dogs, Cows, Goats
Go-to Shower Song: Cry Baby by the Neighbourhood
Elise is a first year, currently in Chemical Engineering but switching to Health Sciences. In high school, she ran cross country and track, and spent time snowboarding and skiing. At home she works at Drug Mart and Someday Station Barn, where she gets to clean, feed and play with farm animals who act just like dogs. On campus she has joined TOOTH (pre-dentistry club), Snowcats (snowboarding club), and volunteers at SAAP (stray animal adoption program.). She also has just recently decided to go vegan!
“My sister (Alpha Phi at Akron) convinced me to go greek because I wanted to meet lots of new people and find a sense of home while being 4 hours away. I want to eventually find leadership opportunities in Pi Phi (for that stellar resume!).”

Name: Ellie Wright
Hometown: Owensville, OH
Celebrity crush: Zac Efron (this is a hard question!! I have so many…)
Favorite Animal: Duck
Go-to shower song: Anything Justin Bieber
Ellie is a second year studying Communication Sciences and Disorder, more specifically Speech Language Pathology. She is getting involved in NSSLHA (National Student Speech Language and Hearing Association) and hopefully an intramural volleyball team! She is the first in her family to go Greek and looks forward to having a group of friends she can always rely on. She says she is also excited to have something that keeps her involved on campus, since she commutes.
“I never could decide if being Greek was truly for me. I am so extremely happy with my decision! I always knew all of the amazing things Greeks were involved in on campus and truly loved the idea of being involved in that. I also fell in love with Lexie Kleeh going through recruitment. Something I would love for my sisters to know about me is that I am super excited to meet everyone and get to be a part of such an amazing group of people!”
Name: Giuliana Costanzo
Hometown: Avon Lake, OH
Celebrity crush: Tim Riggins
Favorite Animal: baby chicks
Go-to shower song: any Beyoncé song
Giuliana is a first year in Nursing. As of right now, she is only involved in Greek Life but is thinking about getting involved in volunteering or organizations in the Nursing School. A fun fact about Giuliana is that she is lactose intolerant and has been a vegetarian for five years! She likes to go for runs and is always down to have fun and try new things. She may come off as shy at first but once you get to know her she is very outgoing.
“My brother is in Greek Life and loves it. I’ve always seen myself in a sorority since I went to an all-girls high school. I also really like the idea of sisterhood and having lifelong sistas!!!"
Name: Jenna Kreinbrink
Hometown: Findlay, OH
Celebrity crush: Jason Sudeikis or Ed Helms
Favorite Animal: Dogs
Go-to shower song: Love On Top by Beyoncé
Jenna is a first year going into Occupational Therapy. She says she enjoys long walks on the beach and cuddling up with a chai latte and a good book on rainy days. Her mom is her best friend and she is addicted to shopping. She is not sure what she is going to get involved in on campus but is hoping to learn about some different clubs and is welcome to any suggestions! She is SO EXCITED to be a Pi Phi and can’t wait to meet everyone. She loves adventuring and going to new places so if anyone everyone wants to go on a spontaneous road trip, hit her up! She can’t wait for all of the philanthropy and leadership opportunities, as well as gaining a huge support system from the women of Pi Phi.
“My brother is a second-year SigEp at Ohio State and it was cool to watch him fall in love with his fraternity last year and it made me want to become a part of something like that. I chose Pi Phi because it had been one of my favorite houses since the beginning. When I was sitting in the selection room on pref night, after I was given my selection sheet, I looked down at my lap and saw the glitter from the flowers during the ceremony and knew that Pi Phi was the place for me.”
Name: Masha Neshenko
Hometown: Kiev, Ukraine
Celebrity crush: Ryan Reynolds
Favorite Animal: Dogs, cannot live without them
Go-to shower song: Flexicution by Logic
Masha is a first year studying Information Technology. She is from Ukraine but moved to Scotland when she was 12, and has lived there since. She is currently involved in Women in Technology and Women in Business organizations. Next year she plans on joining PAC! She wants her sisters to know that sometimes learning names is hard for her, so not to take it personally if she gets confused next time you see her! She promises, she will eventually learn everyone’s names! She looks forward to making connections during her time at UC as well and creating lifelong friendships!
“Going Greek is one of the big dreams every European girl secretly wishes to do. We do not have Greek life in Europe, so I decided to take upon this opportunity and go through recruitment to fulfil one of the things in a bucket list. I was told by so many people that your sisters will be your friends for the rest of your life.”
Name: Natalie Martin
Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
Celebrity crush: Tony Goldwyn (Scandal)
Favorite Animal: Turtle
Go-to shower song: Ignition (Remix)
Natalie is a first year in Communication Sciences and Disorders. Currently, she is involved in CHAARG and NSSLHA. She would like to get involved Student Government in the future as well! She chose to go through recruitment because she wanted to make new friends and gain new experiences! She can’t wait for the friendships that will last a lifetime!
“I love to have fun, though I may come off shy at first. Also, I am really bad at names so I am sorry for that.”
Name: Paige Gilliland
Hometown: Columbus, OH
Celebrity crush: Thomas Rhett
Favorite Animal: manatee & Great Danes
Go-to shower song: currently obsessed with Thomas Rhett “Star of the Show”
Paige is a first year, currently in Exploratory Studies but looking at changing to Nursing. She is from Columbus, Ohio and loves the 614 more than anything!! She played soccer for 5ever then had to have four knee surgeries. Right now, she is just focusing on Pi Phi before joining other organizations. She went through recruitment because the idea of making lifelong friends and great memories was something she looked forward to. She is excited to make the best memories possible this year and her next three years in Pi Phi!
“I chose to be a peef because every time I came into the house, I got the most “home-y” feeling. All the girls I talked to were so down to earth and made me feel at ease in our conversations. Everyone says that they can hold a genuine conversation with any girl in the chapter no matter what year they are or whatever it may be, so I’m super excited to get to know all you sistas! (:”