November 7, 2016

Team Angel

Name: Ashley Purtee
Hometown: Hillsboro, OH
Celebrity crush: Adam Levine
Favorite Animal: Saint Bernard’s
Go-to shower song: Closer by the Chainsmokers

Ashley is a second year, studying Psychology, but plans on switching to Special Education! Aside from Pi Phi, she involved in CHAARG. She went through recruitment because all of her roommates decided they wanted to, and she didn’t want to spend two weekends alone and also wanted to meet new people! One thing she wants all her new sisters to know is that she is OBSESSED with dogs, literally every dog.
“I chose to become a PEEF because I always had good connections with the girls I spoke to during recruitment. I want to make new friendships, and find my home away from home. Maybe take on some kind of leadership position at some point during my time in Pi Phi.”

Name: Catherine McNeil             
Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
Celebrity crush: Matt Damon     
Favorite Animal: Dog (Golden Retrievers, Bernese Mountain Dog, & Cairn Terriers)
Go-to shower song: September by Earth, Wind and Fire

Catherine is a first year, studying Secondary Education with a focus in History. She works at a dance studio and also teaches in a school for a class. She plans to get more involved in Pi Phi, possibly applying for exec positions in the future! She wants all of her sisters to know that she may come off as shy at first, but is very outgoing and can be pretty loud.
“I went to MND, an all-girls school, so I really wanted the all-girls aspect again because I love being a part of a sisterhood. I want to become a leader in Pi Phi.”
Name: Emily Lambert
Hometown: Avon Lake, OH
Celebrity crush: Ryan Reynolds
Favorite Animal: Any type of cat
Go-to shower song: Strut by the Cheetah Girls

Emily is a first year, currently exploring her options in business! She is from Cleveland and hasn’t gotten involved in much yet, but plans on joining Lindner Women of Business. She spends 80% of her time watching chick-flicks, so if you ever need a movie partner this is your girl!
“I wanted to go through recruitment so that I could meet people outside of my major and I just fell in love with the girls in Pi Phi! I really just want to have a good time and meet people through Greek life!”

Name: Hannah Sprouse
Hometown: Loveland, OH
Celebrity crush: A$AP Rocky
Fav Animal: Seal
Go-To Shower Song: Yeah X3 by Chris Brown

Hannah is a first year studying Special Education. She loves music and also plays the ukulele!! Along with many other Pi Phis, Hannah says eating is her passion. She will get food with any one at any time of the day, so if you ever need a lunch date, look no further! One thing she wants to get out of being a member of Ohio Kappa is lifelong friends, as well as amazing experiences and memories!
“I wanted to go through recruitment because I think it’s an amazing way to make friends and meet lots of amazing people.”



Name: Maggie Delehanty
Hometown: Upper Arlington, OH
Celebrity crush: Matt Bomer
Favorite Animal: Hedgehog
Go-to shower song: A Thousand Miles, Vanessa Carlton

Maggie is a first year studying Graphic Communication Design. She loves working with kids and volunteering, so she hopes to become more involved with Sigma Chi tutoring and CAR, once her schedule allows! She wants her sisters to know that she tends to be a little shy at first, then she is very outgoing and can’t wait to meet everyone!! She hopes to find friends that she makes a true connection with and last a lifetime. She also hopes to get out of her comfort zone through her time in Pi Phi and maybe obtain a leadership position.
I’ve always wanted to go through recruitment because I’ve always heard good things about sororities from girls I know in Greek life. I also wanted to meet people I can have lifelong friendships with. I joined Pi Phi because I instantly felt welcome and comfortable as soon as I walked into the house on House Tours day. Also, I genuinely enjoyed every conversation I had with each member I talked to. I felt like the girls in the house were people that I could have fun with, have serious conversations with and look up to as role models.”

Name: Margot Harknett
Hometown: West Chester, OH
Celebrity crush: Dave Franco
Favorite Animal: Fox
Go-to shower song: Lean on Me

Margot is a 3rd Year in Graphic Design. In high school, she was involved in the Art and Latin club as well as a member of the soccer team. She is currently on co-op at Frontgate on the product development team. She is a leader with the Navigators, a Christian group on campus, and a volunteer for Love Your Melon!! She is so excited to have some sisters now, as she is an only child. She LOVES Dachshunds and would love everyone to send any videos they find. She’s always wanted to join a sorority, but had to focus on academics her first year and missed the deadline her second year! She is excited to get involved in our Philanthropy and all of the volunteer opportunities it allows!!
“I knew from day one of recruitment I wanted to be in Pi Beta Phi, I even went straight out of the house to my Rho Gamma and told her I was super excited and she gave me a huge smile…I love listening to and encouraging others, just being able to be there for someone and making them happy makes me happy too.”

Name: Rachael Pappalardo
Hometown: 513, baby!
Celebrity crush: Zayn Malik aka Zaddy   
Favorite Animal: Elephant
Go-to shower song: Fergalicious by Fergie

Rachel is a second year studying marketing. She was born and raised in Cincinnati, and proud of it. She plans to get involved in an intramural soccer team, as well as possible organizations in the College of Business. She also would love to hold a leadership position in Pi Phi! She says she is very shy at first, and may need some extra support stepping outside her comfort zone! She was nervous going through recruitment as a sophomore but wanted to make lifelong friends and become more outgoing!
"One thing I want to get out of my experience as a member of OH Kappa is really just a newfound sense of myself. I'm really excited to meet my sisters and see how they help me grow as a person and as a leader. I'm excited to make lasting memories with my new sisters and to have a really positive collegiate experience!" 

Name: Sydney Bollenbacher 
Major/Year: Second Year, Communications Major 
Hometown: Lebanon, OH 
Celebrity Crush: Robert Downey Jr.
Favorite Animal: Squirrel
Go-to shower song: Never Be Like You by Flume 

This is Sydney! She is a second year in Communications. However, this is her first year at UC because she transferred from a branch campus of Miami University. She would love to get involved in as many things as she has time for and loves being creative! Sydney wants her sisters to know she is always down to get food and meet new people! She also warns that once you get to know her well enough, her weird side starts to come out. One thing she hopes to get out of Pi Phi is to be able to look back at her college experience and say how thankful she is to be a member of Ohio Kappa. She wants to be able to say she had the best memories and grew as a person because of Pi Phi.
I went through recruitment to get involved on and off campus, meet lifelong friends, and find somewhere I could be myself. During recruitment, I always really looked forward to going back to Pi Phi because as soon as I walked into the house and talked to the girls, I felt super comfortable and I felt like I could be myself!”

Name: Victoria Gama Grecni
Hometown: Cincy home & grown
Celebrity crush: Andrew Garfield aka Spiderman
Favorite Animal: Velociraptor
Go-to shower song: Super Bass by Nicki Minaj

This is Victoria!! She is a second year studying Mechanical Engineering. She is super into volunteering and donating time to charities. She has been involved in Bearcat Buddies and local hospital programs like blood drives and the Make a Wish Foundation. In high school, she was involved in student council and Key Club, so events like homecoming, fundraisers and socials were her babies. She says that if anyone ever needs help to let her know, she’s always down to help!! Through being a member of Pi Phi, she wants to make a solid group of friends and sisters that will be there for life.
“I’ve always been in the boy’s club. I’m in engineering, I work at Best Buy, and I’m super into sports so a sorority seemed like a perfect place to make friends that are girls and get to do cutesy sorority events.”