October 26, 2016

Team Ring Ching

Name: Aleah Mersch
Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
Celebrity crush: Tyler Joseph
Favorite Animal: Hedgehog/Corgi
Go-to shower song: I Want It All from HSM3

Meet Aleah Mersch! Aleah is a 1st year in exploratory studies but says she is leaning towards Biomedical Engineering. She is from Cincinnati, more specifically she went to Mother of Mercy High School. She is a member of the campus PINK team, Jr Panhellenic Council, and has a part time job at American Eagle. She’s interested in being a Roar Guide and studying abroad later on in college. She loves being artsy, so if anyone ever wants to have a photoshoot or craft she is your girl!! One thing she wants to get out of being a Pi Phi is to build her leadership abilities, as well as friendships to last a life time!
“I was never the type to go greek but I figured it never hurt to try and I could always drop out if I really didn’t like it.  Whenever I would come into Pi Phi, I felt extremely welcomed and fell more and more in love with it every time I went.  All of the people I talked to during recruitment were amazing and we had so much in common.  I felt like I could be myself here and gain a lot of genuine friendships.”

Name: Allyssa Donald
Hometown: Tipp City, OH
Celeb Crush: Zac Efron
Favorite Animal: Manatee
Go-To shower song: California King Bed – Rihanna

Meet Allyssa! She is a 1st year, majoring in Marketing and minoring in Fashion Design. She went to Troy Christian from the time she was two until graduation, giving her a core group of friends who are practically family. She went to a dance school for ballet until 16, while also being very active in sports (especially soccer). The gym in her place to relieve stress, so let her know if you need a workout buddy!! She also LOVES shopping and food. One thing she wants to get out of being a Pi Phi is to mature and get involved.
“Here on campus, I missed having a core group of ride or die friends, no better place to find that than in sisters. I want to step out of my comfort zone and get more involved! I look up to all my older sisters so much and strive to be like them; I hope I can become half as amazing as all these ladies are.”

Name: Chiane Boom
Hometown: Lousiville, KY
Celeb Crush: Chris Pratt is pretty spectacular
Favorite Animal: owl/elephant/dolphin
Go-To shower song: Love on Top by Beyoncé; I love to attempt to belt the end

Chiane is a second year, majoring in CCM Saxophone Performance and Operations Management. She was born in Missouri, but ended up in Louisville after several moves. She has been playing the saxophone since she was in sixth grade. She likes to spend a lot of time outside, so she joined the mountaineering club! She has been to The Netherlands three times to visit her family! Her favorite shows include (but are definitely not limited to): Criminal Minds, How I Met Your Mother, Supernatural, and Parks and Rec. One of the main reasons Chiane joined a sorority was to get out of her comfort zone. She wants to meet new people and then be able to share unforgettable experiences and relationships with them.
“I wanted to go through recruitment last year, but didn’t have the guts to. I probably would have if I knew someone who was also going through recruitment. This year I just decided I needed to get out of my comfort zone and go through with it…I’m so glad I did!!”

Name: Emma Parker
Hometown: Mason, OH
Celeb Crush: 2005 Rob Kardashian, Kanye West, Scott Disick, just literally any Kardashian
Favorite Animal: Turtles
Go-to shower song: New Flame by Chris Brown
Emma is a 1st year studying communications. She is from Mason, but went to a small private school about 20 minutes north of UC. While she isn’t involved in anything right now, she looks forward to getting more involved in Pi Phi in the future. She always knew she wanted to be involved in Greek Life, but every time she walked into Pi Phi during recruitment she was able to just take a deep breath and relax. One thing she wants to get out of being a Pi Phi is genuine friendship. She has always had a lot of “friends,” but she’s excited to develop deeper relationships that will last for the rest of her life. She also wants everyone to know one thing: “I promise I’m not this loud and obnoxious all the time.”
“Pref night was the night I knew that Pi Phi was my home. Every girl was kind, funny, genuine, and someone I just loved talking to, even in that recruitment setting.”
 
Name: Emma Stock
Hometown: Cincinnati, OH (WestSide)
Celeb Crush: Steph Curry
Go-To shower song: Broccoli or anything Chris Brown

Emma is a 1st year Marketing major. She is excited to get more involved in Pi Phi, as well as in within Lindner College of Business. She went to an all-girls high school, making the sisterhood aspect of a sorority very exciting for her. She wanted to join a sorority to branch out and meet new people. She can’t wait to see all the opportunities and people that Ohio Kappa leads her to!!
“I felt most comfortable at Pi Phi throughout recruitment. I was so excited to receive a bid and have the opportunity to become a PEEF!”


Name: Jody Gregory
Hometown: Taylor Mill, KY
Celeb Crush: Matthew Gray Gubler
Favorite Animal: Tiger
Go-To shower song: Howlin’ for You by The Black Keys

Jody is a second year studying Fashion Design. She spends most of her time in the DAAP building working on projects. She is interested in joining the club soccer team, and of course continuing her journey here in Pi Phi. She looks forward to meeting a whole new group of amazing girls, as well as growing as an individual. She is very social and says that sometimes it’s hard for her to stop talking! She has an online shopping addiction and her best friend is her black cat, Bubby. She also knows how to play the classical guitar!
“I wanted to get out of DAAP and meet amazing girls outside of Fashion Design. I also needed to be more active on campus so I thought this would be the best way for me to do that. I believe that these girls will change me for the better!”

Name: Maddie Lim
Hometown: Northfield Center, OH (CLE)
Celeb Crush: Johnny Depp
Favorite Animal: Dogs
Go-To shower song: Ride by Twenty One Pilots

Maddie is a first year studying Communications. While she is not involved with anything outside of the sorority right now, she looks forward to the opportunities within Pi Phi.  She went through recruitment to meet new people and get involved. She can’t wait to make friends for life!!
“Also picking my go-to shower song was super hard because I’ll literally sing anything in the shower.”

Name: Meredith Reese
Hometown: Cincinnati
Celeb Cush: Brett Eldredge
Favorite Animal: Polar Bear
Go-to Shower Song: Goodies

Meredith is a first year studying Mechanical Engineering. She graduated from St. Ursula Academy. She says she is ‘possibly’ involved in Club Water Polo, but definitely a member of Society of Women’s Engineering. She also does community service for Cincinnatus. A fun fact about Meredith is that she has 10 family members who have gone to UC and five who are currently enrolled. She looks forward to the opportunities that Pi Phi will bring her (possibly an executive position), as well as the lifelong friendships.
“I went to an all-girls high school and wanted to have the sisterhood feeling again and a core group of friends. Since I am in a male-based major, I wanted out branch out and meet new people.”

Name: Morgan Huellemeier
Hometown: Cincinnati
Celeb Crush: Theo James (insert heart eye emoji here) ohh or Eric Decker #yum
Favorite Animal: Dogs
Go-to Shower Song: anything Beyoncé

Morgan is a second year from the Cincinnati area. She is not involved in much on campus right now, but works for Kroger Pharmacy and is applying for internships! She has two older brothers and a dog named Ruger. Since she is from the Cincinnati area, she went through recruitment to meet new people. She also wanted to get more involved outside of classes and work.

“I want to come out a better me than I am now.”