April 22, 2016

Where Are They Now: Brittany Schafer (Moore)

Brittany (Moore) Schafer may have had a shorter time in Ohio Kappa than some of us, but she had the wonderful honor of being a Charter Club Member. During those two years, she held the Arrowboard Chair position and boosted the moral of the chapter. Outside of Pi Phi, Brittany was involved in many different things. She was a member of Student Alumni Council, Cincinnatus, Programs and Activities Council, Hall Government, and National Student Speech Language Hearing Association. She also worked as a ROAR Tour Guide and Student Orientation Leader! Brittany is currently working as a Speech Language Pathologist, a popular job among us Ohio Kappa ladies. She has a fire for Ohio Kappa that is still evident today. Let’s check out how Brittany has stayed involved, even after graduating.

Favorite Event in Pi Phi


I absolutely loved Bid Day! I was always so excited to see the new members running down the hill. I met some of my best friends during this event and I cherish all of the memories including taking a ridiculous amount of pictures, dancing in the courtyard, and meeting my new sisters! I also LOVE Greek Week and participating in the step competition!

Best Memory in Pi Phi: 


It is really hard just picking one best memory in Pi Phi. I have THREE best memories in mind. The first one is when I was initiated by the Grand President of Pi Beta Phi. I just remember having goosebumps the entire time and smiling from ear to ear. My second best memory is when I was standing on stage at the Pi Beta Phi Convention in Walt Disney World with a group of my sisters. We received our charter at this convention and a standing applause to go with it. I will never forget this weekend I spent feeling like a superstar and meeting amazing women from across the states. My third best memory of Pi Phi happened when my sisters sent me flowers to my parents’ house when my grandmother passed away. I will never forget the love and support they gave me during that hard time in my life.

Tell us a little about yourself! 


I am currently finishing up my second year as a Speech Language Pathologist in a local school district. I am also the Middle School Cheerleading Coach for my school. I married the love of my life on November 7, 2014 in front of my family, friends, and 13 of my closest Pi Phi sisters! Craig and I moved to the west side of Cincinnati a year ago and bought our first home in Bridgetown. We adopted a sweet puppy last June and she celebrated her first birthday on April 18th! We also have a cat who is 3 years old. I am on the executive board for the Cincinnati Alumnae Club and look forward to another great year!

What made Pi Phi stick out to you throughout recruitment? How did being a member of Pi Phi make a difference in your time at UC? 


I loved that our philanthropy promotes literacy. It fit perfectly with my major and profession. I was so excited about the fact that I was going to be a Charter Member of Pi Beta Phi and that I was going to be involved with creating the chapter. Being a member of Pi Phi changed my entire college experience. There was always someone to study with me, hang out with me, and chat with me. I loved living in the house my Junior year. It made me feel even more special and definitely helped when we had events at the house. I loved walking across campus and seeing our letters and a familiar face. It made UC feel smaller and more at home!

As an Alum, how has Pi Phi helped you in your life outside of college? How did it help you grow as a person? 


Pi Phi has helped shape my values as a leader, Speech Language Pathologist, and woman. I feel that everything Pi Phi stands for has helped me do so well in my profession and in life. I have a great group of friends that I can rely on, I know what is important in my life, and I cherish my experience I had as a collegiate member. My younger cousin is now a Pi Phi at the University of Louisville and I feel that this experience has brought us closer. We talk about upcoming events, leadership roles, and past experiences. I feel like I am loving Pi Phi again through her which is definitely an amazing feeling. My position in the Alumnae Club helps me stay connected with the chapter and gives me opportunities to network and meet the new members!

Any advice to those of us still making our way through the wonderful college years? 


Cherish the time you have left as a collegiate member. Make memories, find your close group of friends, and have no regrets. College flies by and before you know it you are graduating. Take as many pictures as you can! They are so much fun to look at and serve as a permanent reminder of those special times in your life.